Sunday, October 26, 2014

Laurallie - Tasman Heart


I don't know if I believe in fate or destiny but sometimes certain pieces of life's puzzles fall perfectly into place and it all feels so right. 

Early one morning, while preparing for a shoot, I received a phone call from a woman named Lauren - a designer for an emerging swimwear label. She was shooting the launch campaign the following morning but her photographer had just fallen through. She had gotten my details from a mutual friend and called me in a last ditch effort to find a replacement. We got chatting, made the arrangements and booked in for the following day. Lauren also asked "I kinda want a second model, a blonde, do you know anyone?".  Well I did know someone. A very natural, edgy little babe that I shot the week before - Hannah. Hannah jets down to Lauren's that night for a fitting and a spray tan and they hit it off immediately. 

The next day we roll on to set at 7.30am (I hate morning shoots) fresh as a daisy and Lauren and I meet for the first time and start hashing out a plan for the shoot. The sun is beaming, the sky is blue and it couldn't be more perfect weather for a swimwear campaign. We head on down to Main Beach and get under way. Our first model, Alannah, is a total pro - she goes from 0-100 in 0.05 seconds and needs no warm up time. Kills it. Hannah steps in and is just such a natural beach babe - she blows me away. 

The day goes smoothly, the models got ice-creams, I get sunburnt, we finish on time and it's happy days. Well since that fateful day - Lauren and I have spoken maybe twice a day for the past month and I am happy to say that I have a new friend. Hannah also starts work for Laurallie as Lauren's assistant and it all seems a little serendipitous. 

Well today LAURALLIE SWIM launched! They have released 2 collections, very different from eachother, and everything is AUSTRALIAN MADE!!! 


Here are a few of my favourite shots from "Tasman Heart" - i'll share the second part of the launch campaign with you soon. 

You can shop Laurallie HERE


CC xxx






Photography: Studio Flamingo
Models: Alannah @ Viviens & Hannah Wakefield
Make-up: Travis Darcy


No comments:

Post a Comment